113+ degrees, extreme heat inspection, and examination overland expedition will take place inside Anza Borrego State Park on a day where the mercury is forecasted to hit 117+ degrees Fahrenheit.
If you have been wanting to test yourself, your passengers, and of course, your vehicle in extreme heat conditions, this trail run may be right for you.
Together, we will travel the Tectonic Trail, which skirts the nearby S22 highway, as we make our way towards Fonts Point which will take an hour or so.
Once we get to Fonts point, we will assess our people’s overall physical and mental condition. Also, we will assess each of our vehicle’s working conditions as well.
If all (or some) of us are thirsty for more action, we will stray further away from the S22 highway while crossing the desert over into Ocotillo Wells. If you have had enough at that point, no worries, the S22 highway will take you back to where you came from.
The trail boss for this excursion is our very own profoundly qualified and thoroughly experienced, John Mantey.
This adventure will be limited to no more than eight 4X4 vehicles. All 4X4 vehicle makes/models with a minimum of 2 inches of suspension lift and low transfer case capabilities are welcome to participate.
1. John will be completing a basic inspection of each vehicle at the meetup spot to ensure each vehicle is in generally good working condition. If your vehicle is not in good working order, you will not be permitted to proceed with our group.
2. Minimum of one (1) gallon of fresh drinking water onboard for each person inside the vehicle.
3. You will need either a GMRS or HAM radio for trail communications. Operation Overland does NOT utilize CB radios.
1. Your air-conditioning (A/C) unit on your vehicle is in proper working order.
2. Have the ability to re-inflate your vehicle’s tires; otherwise, you may need to know where in Borrego Springs or the Salton Sea you can air up before heading back home.
WE HUMBLY ASK FOR A MINIMUM DONATION OF $10 TO SUPPORT OUR CAUSE IF YOU CHOOSE TO JOIN IN WITH US.